What is a day at Banyan Hyde Park like?
- You start the day with breakfast followed by a mindfulness walk or meditation to focus and feel centered.
- The neighborhood near Hyde Park is peaceful, and living in a house with other women while sharing the kitchen and meals together is comforting.
- Trauma-informed therapy begins early, where you'll learn skills to rebuild a sense of control and empowerment.
- We have lunch and then go to more group therapy or classes about relapse prevention, nutrition, trauma, and family dynamics.
- In the afternoon we get a chance to relax and manage stress with yoga, a group walk along the waterfront, or through an artistic activity.
- Dinner is followed by a recovery meeting either in the center or outside, and then we head to bed to unwind and rest up for the next day.